We're excited that you want to know more about using Spike@School to build your school website! Your job is tough enough without having to spend ages grappling with awkward tools to create your website. That's why we've designed Spike@School from the ground up with teachers in mind. Our experience in schools has allowed us to make a website management system that is both easy to use, and powerful enough to get the job done.
Spike@School makes web design for schools easy, giving you access to create anything from Pages to Learning Caves, Image Galleries to Online Stores. Spike@School requires no extra software to be installed on your computer. You can use Spike@School to manage your school website from anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection.
Spike@School will take care of building your template each time you add a new item so all that you have to worry about is adding your content. Our websites also come equipped with a mobile friendly template which will automatically adjust your website to the screen-width of a phone.
Access to the editing side of your website is controlled with a Username and Password. You can set up as many Users as you like to work on building and editing your website. You can find out more about how easy it is to manage Users in Spike@School on the Users and Groups page.
Once you've correctly entered your Username and Password you'll be taken to the Construction Zone. This is where all of the action happens and where you can start adding module items and building your own customised site.
Let's take a quick look at the Construction Zone and then you can browse through our ‘Features’ links to find out more about the Content Pages, Interactive Content and Admin Features which are available to you in building your website.
The Construction Zone
You're currently looking at our demo site which we use to show people how Spike@School works. As you can see, everything is available at your fingertips.
From here you can:
- Add a new item to your site - the list of available items is the same as those listed under ‘Features’ in the index bar above. Click on any of them to find out more about that item type. You can add as many of any item to your site as you like (e.g. multiple Calendars).
- Jump to another location within your site - you can organise your site with Folders. This helps keep your stuff separate from everyone else's and gives your site a neater look.
- View the Recycle Bin - when you delete something it goes to the Recycle Bin first, so you can get things back if you need to.
- Work with any of the existing items in your site - you can click on the name of the item to work with its contents. For example, click on your Podcast Series to add some new Episodes to the Series.
- Enable/disable or delete items in your site.
- Reorder items by dragging and dropping their icon.
- Apply Permissions to items so that they are viewable and editable only be certain groups of Users.
- Edit the basic details of an item.
- Move items to another Folder
- Change the default item that is shown for a particular Folder.